Our friends in Luxembourg from syn2cat are having a little get together that is open to the public (as long as you RSVP for the 10 spots), to put together a number of Arduino units for your hacking pleasure.
From syn2cat’s wiki post:
What is it about?
On the 15th of March we are going to solder an Serial Arduino Board and a few Velleman Kits to afterwards.
Hack them and make them behave in a different way than originally conceived. (Limited to 10 People! Deadline: 8th of March)
We will provide
There will be approximately 6 full soldering stations
with all the necessary gear (Multimeter, Wirecutter tools, etc…)
These sets will be available FOR SALE. So in case you like what you did
and want to become a REAL Pirate make a future proof investment.
Most of the Kits will be in 3 exemplars, if you are really keen on one, reserve it please.
- A Room (kindly provided by emQue)
- 6 30W Soldering Irons with an adequate Tip and stand (but please bring your own should you have one)
- 6 Third-hands
- 6 Multimeter (again, you have one bring it please)
- 6 Ubuntu Laptops with the Arduino IDE
- Power supplies (some regulated some not, Voltage varies)
- 500g (yeah) of 1mm and 0.7mm Solder
- De-soldering stuff
- Maybe an Oscilloscope (Who can bring one please?)
More details can be found on their wiki.
This event is also a wonderful way to meet the members of syn2cat and possibly even become a member yourself!